Linux Integration Services Version 3.5 for Hyper-V
Version 3.5 of the LIS supports:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5.5-5.8, 6.0-6.3 x86 and x64
- CentOS 5.5-5.8, 6.0-6.3 x86 and x64
Supported Virtualization Server Operating Systems
This version of Linux Integration Services (LIS) supports the following versions of Hyper-V:
Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, and Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter
Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2
Windows 8 Pro
Windows 8.1 Pro
Windows Server 2012
Windows Server 2012 R2
Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012
Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 R2
1. Static IP injection might not work if Network Manager has been configured for a given HyperV-specific network adapter on the virtual machine. To ensure smooth functioning of static IP injection, ensure that either Network Manager is turned off completely, or has been turned off for a specific network adapter through its Ifcfg-ethX file.
2. When you use Virtual Fibre Channel devices, ensure that logical unit number 0 (LUN 0) has been populated. If LUN 0 has not been populated, a Linux virtual machine might not be able to mount Virtual Fibre Channel devices natively.
3. If there are open file handles during a live virtual machine backup operation, the backed-up virtual hard disks (VHDs) might have to undergo a file system consistency check (fsck) when restored.
4. Live backup operations can fail silently if the virtual machine has an attached iSC SI device or a physical disk that is directly attached to a virtual machine (“pass-through disk”).
5. LIS 3.5 only provides Dynamic Memory ballooning support—it does not provide hot-add support. In such a scenario, the Dynamic Memory feature can be used by setting the Startup memory parameter to a value which is equal to the Maximum memory parameter. This results in all the requisite memory being allocated to the virtual machine at boot time—and then later, depending upon the memory requirements of the host, Hyper-V can freely reclaim any memory from the guest. Also, ensure that Startup Memory and Minimum Memory are not configured below distribution recommended values.