“The Microsoft Security Compliance Manager takes our extensive guidance and documentation—including the previously stand-alone product-specific security guides—and incorporates it into one tool, enabling you to access and automate all of your organization’s security baselines in a centralized location.
To access the security guidance for Windows client and server operating systems and Microsoft applications, simply download the tool, and select the “Attachments \ Guides” node within each product baseline tree.
Take advantage of the experience of Microsoft security professionals, and reduce the time and money required to harden your environment. This tool will help you plan, and manage your security baselines for Windows client and server operating systems, and Microsoft applications. Access the complete database of Microsoft recommended security settings, customize your baselines, and then choose from multiple formats—Group Policy objects (GPOs), Desired Configuration Management (DCM) 2007 packs, or Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)—to export the baselines to your environment to automate the security baseline deployment and compliance verification process. Use the Security Compliance Manager to achieve a secure, reliable, and centralized IT environment that will help you better balance your organization’s needs for security and functionality.
Key Features & Benefits
- Gold master support : Import and take advantage of your existing Group Policy.
- Configure stand-alone machines: Deploy your configurations to non-domain joined computers using the GPO Pack feature.
- Updated security guidance : Take advantage of the deep security expertise and best practices in the updated security guides and the attack surface reference workbooks to help reduce the security risks that you consider to be the most important.
- Centralized Management of Your Baseline Portfolio : The centralized management console of the Security Compliance Manager provides you with a unified, end-to-end user experience to plan, customize, and export security baselines. The tool gives you full access to a complete portfolio of recommended baselines for Windows client and server operating systems, and Microsoft applications. The Security Compliance Manager also enables you to quickly update the latest Microsoft baseline releases and take advantage of baseline version control.
- Security Baseline Customization : Customizing, comparing, merging, and reviewing your baselines policy configurations just got easier. Use the customization capabilities of the Security Compliance Manager to duplicate any of the recommended baselines from Microsoft and quickly modify security settings to meet the standards of your organization’s environment.
- Multiple Export Capabilities : Export baselines in formats like Group Policy objects (GPOs), Desired Configuration Management (DCM) packs, or Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) to enable automation of deployment and monitoring baseline compliance.
- Available policy configuration baselines include Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 SP2, Windows Server 2003 SP2, Hyper-V, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3, BitLocker Drive Encryption, Windows Internet Explorer 10, Windows Internet Explorer 9, Windows Internet Explorer 8, Microsoft Office 2010 SP1, Microsoft Office 2007 SP2, Exchange Server 2010 SP2 and Exchange Server 2007 SP3. “
- Microsoft Security Compliance Manager 4.0 can be download from the following link.