I will be using my “facebook status” to liveblog the Microsoft Israel’s Developer Academy II event tomorrow. It’s practically the same as microblogging (see twitter.com) except all sentences will begin with “uri is…” which is an amusing constraint.
The “microposts” will not be posted here in my blog for two reasons:
- I can’t find a proper way to sync. from facebook to the Community Server here.
- I don’t want to overcrowd microsoft.co.il’s feeds by overposting. This is a blog, not a microblog.
You can see what I write in several places:
- In my blog page, through the facebook badge I have installed over
in the right column. It only shows my last update. The facebook badges wizard is riddled with bugs btw. I wish they’d fix it.
- Through facebook’s RSS feed of my “status stories” which you will find at the bottom of the page here. I’m afraid it’s only available to registered facebook users who are members of my network – Israel. If anyone knows how to remove these restrictions, I’d love to hear about it.
- And, naturally, in my facebook profile.
At a later time I will compile all my microposts into a sensible blog post here.
PS – Please be aware that it is my policy in facebook (and linkedin) to only add friends that I actually know in person. I apologize to anyone who has requested to be added and was ignored.