Hello Guys,Today I’m going to explain about migrating from old subscription to a new one, this usually occurring when companies using MSDN account or Bizpark account want to migrate to their new EA/OPEN license accounts.
Important: before you decide to migrate data from one Azure Subscription/Microsoft Account to another, you should check the pre-requisites beforehand (see at the end of this article).
To create a support ticket
To migrate data or move subscriptions between different Microsoft Accounts, follow these steps:
- Go to Azure support site
- Click on “Get Support”
- This will cause you to have to authenticate to the Azure portal
- Once loaded, you’ll get a modal window like this one. Select “Billing” for support type:
5. On the next page you have a number of options, if you want to migrate a subscription or data, go with the option “Subscription transfer and Migrations”
6. In the Category, you can be more specific with your request
7. On the final page, enter contact information
Once you submit the ticket, a representative from the Azure Support team will be in touch via Email or Phone to confirm the details with you.
Microsoft Azure Data Migration/Data Transfer Pre-requisites
Ensure you review each point before submitting a service ticket:
- The source as well as destination subscription should be active,
- Microsoft do not support selective service transfer. i.e. transfer selected hosted service, storage service from one subscription to another. It may become available in future but today, we transfer all or nothing.
- Destination subscription must be completely empty. If there is any data on the destination, we will be performing a force migration which will transfer the data.
- Source subscription and destination subscription must have the same service admin (at least till the migration completes).
List of services that can be migrated by us:
- Virtual Machines
- Cloud Services
- Web sites
- Media Services
- Service Bus
- Multi Factor Authentication
- Traffic Manager
- Mobile Services
- Virtual Network
- Access Control Service (ACS)
- Caching – we need to work with Engineering Team for migrating caching service
- Reserved IP Address and the Reserved IPs under the list
Self- serve Migration:
- SQL DB
These are the services that cannot be moved:
- Active Directory (AAD)
- BizTalk Services
- HD Insight
- Hyper-V Recovery Manager
- Azure Store
- Import / Export
- Management Services
- SQL Reporting
Note: Microsoft won’t be able to perform data migration, if source as well as destination has mobile services deployed. You would need to take the backup of mobile services from either Source or Destination delete it and once the data migration is completed, you can redeploy the mobile services on destination.
Additionally follow these steps to change the Service Administrator if it’s not same:
- Login in to https://account.windowsazure.com.
- Click ‘Subscriptions.’
- Select the subscription
- Click “Edit subscription details.”
Note: the Service Administrator needs to be the same for both target and source subscriptions.