Load test creation is wizard based. When you define your scenario, you select Browser Mix. In th Browser Mix you select all the browsers that are to be use in the load scenario. Basicly after you install the VSTS for testers, there are several browser types that you can choose from. However, this might not be enough.
Considure a situation where some of your users use IE7. By default it is not supported in the Browser Mix. The good news is that you can add, modify or delete browsers from the Browser Mix list. Follow these steps in order to add IE7 to the Browser Mix:
- Browse to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\Templates\LoadTest\Browsers.
- Select one of the files (for example: IE6.browser) and open it for edit with Word Pad or Note Pad (This is actualy an xml file) .
- Change "<Browser Name="Internet Explorer 6.0">" to be "<Browser Name="Internet Explorer 7.0">".
- Change "<Header Name="User-Agent" Value="Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)" />" to be "<Header Name="User-Agent" Value="Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1)" />".
- Select "Save As.." and name the file IE7.browser.
This is it. Now when you will create a new load test scenario, you will see that newly created browser type in the Browser Mix.