Working with Team Foundation Server we have to perform various repeating task related to user declaration and permission setting. I already wrote about TFS permission and tools. Managing permissions is complicated, and from time to time quite frustrating. I've decided that it would be a better use of my time to assemble such a tool than just manually applying permissions again and again…
Using this tool you can:
- Add or remove TFS group membership, Reporting Services role membership and SharePoint role membership
- Set Server and Project-level permissions
- Set AreaPath and Source Control permissions
- Create new TFS users with permissions identical to those of specified existing user
- Save user permissions as template and use it later to create new or update existing users.
TFS Permission Manager v1.0 is finally out. You can download it from here. I hope this utility will be useful.
As usual, I'll be happy to get any feedback.