Couple of days ago Brian Harry post about the new release of Update 2 for Visual Studio and TFS 2012, and today another release of Update 3 that isn’t big a Update 1 and 2 but contains a set of bug fixes that can ease you work.
Before jumping to Update 3, if for some reason you’re not using Update 2 this is the time to read about it and install it!
- VS/TFS 2012.2 (Update 2)
- Visual Studio 2012 Update 2 (VS 2012.2) ISOs available
- Team Explorer Everywhere 2012 Update 2
Update 3 – CTP
Installing it should be relatively straight forward – for both VS and TFS, just run the installer. There should be no compatibility breaks so you need not upgrade all of your components at once, though, over time, you should plan to get them all updated
List Of Improvements – Full List
- Technology improvements – Team Foundation Server
- Build settings can be preserved when you upgrade a TFS 2012 instance.
- Improvements are made in the New Build Definition UI for the Continuous Integration (CI) build in Git-based team projects.
- Visual Studio Test
- Web test
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 crashes when you create a Web test on a computer that has both Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Visual Studio 2012 Update 2 installed.
- Coded UI test
- You cannot run coded UI together with the cross browser testing feature by using Selenium components.
- Load test
- When you analyze a load test run, parts of the results are missing from the graph in the default view
- Unit test
- Administration and Operations
- The event log does not include stack traces when the administrator console crashes.
- You cannot configure TFS proxy on a computer that belongs to a separate domain from a TFS 2012 server.
- TFS 2012 backup plan wizard does not report an error when you configure a backup plan by using the Local System account.
- A user who does not have read permission on an area path can receive email notifications of changes to work items under the area path.
- Slow performance when you open a work item that has many customized fields in TFS Web Access.
- Fix adds upload retries for Version Control files that are being checked in or shelved to reduce the number of deceptive errors.