I’ve installed the Windows 8 Consumer Preview and this is amazing! but the only thing annoying is the watermark on the bottom right corner.
I know you might think this is dumb, but this watermark bother my eyes… So I decided to remove it!
There is probably other ways to do that, Registry and more but I don’t want to change to much things – I know how Windows 7 worked with Images so there is not much different for Windows 8.
So here is how I did it:
1. Open run by clicking WinKey + R, and write the following path to open Windows 8 Themes directory.
2. Make a copy of the “TranscodedWallpaper.jpg” image by clicking “Ctrl+C” and “Ctrl+V” (Copy and Paste")
3. Open the “CachedFiles” directory
Right click on the image inside and choose Rename, then copy the image name.
4. Go back to the “Themes” directory and rename the “TranscodedWallpaper – Copy.jpg” (The file we just duplicate) to the value you just copied.
Copy that image inside the “CachedFiles” directory, choose to replace the file.
5. Now just click F5 on your desktop and walla!