Some news for Visual Studio 2010, I’ll start from several updates you should to apply on you TFS and Visual Studio.
This is the first Update from Microsoft since SP1, and the new concept from Microsoft is to release hot fixes for critical bugs, every once in a while when the development team feels they have critical mass of fixes they will publish new Update includes all hot fixes. – So make sure your Visual Studio and TFS are up to date.
- This update should be installed on TFS application tiers and build servers. It need not be installed elsewhere (clients or proxies).
- *IMPORTANT UPDATE* – Don’t install this patch on a TFS proxy!
The above update solves several issues in Coded UI Testing:
- Attempted to access an unloaded AppDomain. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131014)
- “Search may have failed at ‘<name>‘ <control type> as it may have virtualized children. If the control being searched is descendant of ‘<name>‘ <control type> then including it as the parent container may solve the problem.”
- And More – Read KB
Esther Fan has released a great list of videos from MSDN about Visual Studio ALM, you will find videos for Testing, Development, Visualization, Modeling, and Architecture, Team Foundation Server and Lab Management.
- How do I get started with test cases in Visual Studio Test Professional 2010?
- How do I manage test cases with Visual Studio 2010?
- How do I get started with coded UI tests?
- How do I get started with Visual Studio 2010 test impact analysis?
- How do I do exploratory testing with Microsoft Test Manager in Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate?
- How do I use ASP.NET Profiler in load tests?
- How do I use network emulation in load tests?
- How do I get started with a database unit test?
- How do I get an overview of Lab Management?
- How do I set up and configure Lab Management?
- How do I create a virtual environment with Lab Management?
- How do I create, build, and test artifacts with Lab Management?
- How do I automate the build-deploy-test cycle in Lab Management?
- How do I file a rich bug with environment snapshots?
- How do I clone environments using network isolation?