Unhook The Link Between Microsoft Project and TFS
Some times you need to bind the project file with another TFS or if you made some mapping changes and need to rebind this connection.
There is no easy way to unhook the the binding between Ms Project and TFS:
- Close Microsoft Project
- Right click on the mpp file and choose Properties.
- Choose the Custom tab in the Properties window.
- Choose any Property listed there named "VS Team System Data Do Not Edit" and click Remove.
- Click Apply or Ok.
- Open the mpp file, and you will get a message saying its not associated with any TFS server. Click Ok and Save it.
- You will not get the error message every time you open the mpp file as long as you save it once after the message is received.
If you are using Ms Project Server you need to perform those steps before:
- Close MS Project.
- Disable the TFS addin by going to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\MS Project\Addins\TfcOfficeShim.Connect
and change the ‘LoadBehavior’ from ‘3’ to ‘0’.
- Open your project from Project server
- Go to step 3 in the instruction above.