PowerSE is an advanced script editor and an interactive console packed with multiple features to help you develop and debug your PowerShell scripts. Now you can download a fully functional FREE version HERE (requires registration).
- Complete IntelliSense coverage of PowerShell, DotNet and WMI.
- Real time Syntax Checking instantly lets you see errors in your code and quickly jump to error lines to fix the problem.
- It has an XML editor.
- The ability to do a quick command. Example. Get-process. Then using the grid, you can select columns, rearrange the rows, and sort. Then generate the PowerShell, and insert it into your script. Much faster than typing all those commands.
- Integrated Help.
- Tabbed interface to edit multiple scripts.
- Integrated Console. If you hit F11, it will zoom into full-screen mode (F11 to zoom back). F12 will zoom the highlighted window to full-screen, and vice-versa. F1 full-screen help.
- Command History (combined with the console). So, you can do an interactive console session, to figure out what you need. Then using the Command History, insert those command and create a script. Sort of record/playback.
- Call Stack history, plus complete debugger.
- Search scripts in script repositories like: PoshCode and TechNet Script Center Repository.
Check out this video for a quick overview.
So, give it a spin to see how you like it. Thumbs up for making it free but there’s one drawback, the product will expire in 60 days and to continue using it you will have to re-download it!