Infrastructure decision: Which Log Framework you would prefer to work in your .NET application?

28 ביולי 2008

Hi All,

I want to hear your opinion on which log framework you would prefer? log4net, Enterprise Library log or maybe different log framework.

I already have an opinion but it would be great to see your comments on this issue.

Rotem

1. Gil Fink28 ביולי 2008 ב 13:03

Hi Rotem,
    Both Log4Net and Logging application block (enterprise library) are good frameworks. I prefer to use the logging application block because of few things – config tool, extensibility, easy to use, the integration with the other application blocks. Even so the Log4Net framework is good and can be very useful in a lot of situations. So I suggest to choose the framework that you are comfortable with.
    Gil

2. Lior Israel28 ביולי 2008 ב 15:10

Rotem,
    The Log4Net the best free logging FW!!!!
    lior

3. Offir Shvartz28 ביולי 2008 ב 15:51

i recommend nlog which has the same API as log4net.
    i wouldn't recommend using application blocks if your about to work with multi threads and\or process

4. alikl28 ביולי 2008 ב 17:00

I strongly recommend using built-in healthmonitoring for Web Based Apps – ASP.NET, Web Services, and WCF

5. Rotem Bloom29 ביולי 2008 ב 2:01

Hi All,
    Thanks for your comments. I agree with Alik comment regards the built-in healthmonitoring that ASP.NET offers. This is really great solution for logging but if you still want to work with one of the logging framework out there. I prefer the log4net that is much faster and has better performance then MS Enterprise Library log application block (At least on 3.1 version).

I would glad to see more comments on this issue, Bye Rotem.

6. Orentet2 באוגוסט 2008 ב 14:27

Log4Net of course…
    It is the most simple and efficient solution.