Those of you who follow my blog may have noticed a slowdown in posts. The main reason for this is that I am working on a new book, titled “Windows 8 C++ App Development” to published by Packt Publishing in about 2 months time.
The book has now an official URL in Pack’s web site (no Amazon link yet, but soon…).
The book is aimed towards C++ developers that want to use the power and flexibility of C++ to write Windows 8 Store Apps, while leveraging XAML as the UI technology. It includes a good coverage of C++/CX and most features of Store apps.
For those interested, these are the chapters:
- Introduction to Windows 8 Store Apps
- COM and C++ for Windows Store Apps
- Building UI with XAML
- Layout, elements & controls
- Data binding
- Components, templates and custom controls
- Applications, tiles, tasks and notifications
- Contracts and extensions
- Packaging and the Windows Store
I’m now in the rewrite/fixes stage. Once that’s done, I’ll be returning to “normal” post pace.