Sometimes the reports that come with TFS 2010 are not enough and we want to create are own custom reports. Beside creating the report itself there is a process of Adding it to a specific Team Project.
This can done easily with a few simple steps:
1) First of all open “SQL Server 2008 Business Intelligence Development Studio”.
2) In the studio open a new report Project.
3) Add a data source to the project.
4) Set the data source to your local TFS data base.
5) Add a report item to the project.
6) After creating the report we want to add it to a team project. So we open “Team Explorer” and open the team project to which we want to add the report. ‘Right click’ on the ”Reports” of the selected team project and open the reports website.
7) After the report site opens you either create a new folder and upload the report into it, or to only upload the report.
8) An Upload window will open. Choose the new report that you Created!
The new report has officially been added to a specific team project, more configurations might be needed depending on the report and the team project.