As some of you probably noticed, there is a strange behaviour when working with IE9 beta and Visual Studio 2010
The issues I encuntered are as follow:
Visual Studio might stuck (the title gets a postfix of "Not Responding") when running your application
IE might stuck for a few seconds (up until 45 seconds). Only when IE resumes then Visual Studio becomes responsive again
IE cannot display the web page. An error is displayed stating that "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"
There are many posts on the internet regarding some of the issues. Most posts are refering only to issue number 3. According to the posts the one to blaim is IE9 for openning too fast, even before Casini (your ASP.NET Developement Server) starts
The best configuration I found is:
Uncomment the "127.0.0.1 localhost" line in your hosts file located under "c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts"
Ensure the "::1 localhost" line is commented
Configure IE9 to open links from other programs in a new window (instead of a new tab). Go to Tools | Internet Options | General | Tabs | Settings | Open links from other programs in: | A new window
Run your web pages using F5 (with debugging) instead of CTRL+F5 (without debugging)
Disable ASP.NET debugging to speed up the initiation process of Visual Studio. Select your project from Solution Explorer | Properties | Web | Debuggers | uncheck ASP.NET
If IE9 is still not responding check the Task Manager. I found that many times after closing Visual Studio it is still running in the background (this is a bug). After terminating it, IE9 becomes responsive again.
Hope this will work out for you too