GAT/GAX the Guidance Automation Toolkit/Extensions are hard to remove once you have them installed, following is a procedure I am using in order to migrate the GAT/GAX.
- Make a copy of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Recipe Framework\ReceipeFramework.xml
- Edit the ReceipeFramework.xml and remove the tags inside the <GuidancePackages> key.
- Uninstall the GAT/GAX via the control panel. (prior to removing the packages the gat/gax wont let you uninstall it)
- Install the new GAT/GAX versions.
- Edit the ReceipeFramework.xml and insert back the removed files (from the copy that you've saved in step 1)
You will end up with a new GAT/GAX which has the same packages at before.