Always wanted personal multi-touch cool display?
– You don't need to buy any expensive hardware, just this…
So, what do we need to get this work?
1. Software: download ZIP file from here and extract in any folder on your hard disk (see minimum requirements before the installation).
2. Simple box (30cm x 30cm x 30cm).
3. Webcam .
4. Transparent surface (can be glass, fiberglass or disassemble your picture frame).
5. White paper (A4).
6. Build the "device" according to instruction on this video.
7. Connect your webcam to USB and make it working (you're a big guy, so I'll not show how).
8. Run "Config.bat" from extracted folder.
This will show you multiple windows…
DOS (black), property window and snap window (gray); click OK in property window:
Now it shows multiple video windows, press "enter" on keyboard to enter into "calibration mode":
Follow these instructions (in our case: "projector" = "monitor")…
9. Open "Server.bat" file (it will start "Flash-OSC" server):
10. Open "Vision.bat" file (press "OK" to close property window):
(now, you're almost done…)
11. Go to folder "Client" and open any desired "EXE" file with flash demo:
Blah, blah, blah … Of course I'm not responsible for any damage that you may cause during the installation or assembling of this device/software, but I think that with a little courage you'll manage and will get cool multi-touch display 🙂
See additional demos here…
If you're a developer and want to build some application with multi-touch device you can use their library. Dot-Net developers can use this forum to get info about to start building cool applications in WPF, others can start from here.
PS (update of 19.05.2008):
As Seth Sandler asked in his talkback, I'm posting here the link to his page about the project, see this page (thread) with greate examples; as he noted they use a different kind of "touchlib filterchain". Good Job.