Brian Randell in his blog announced the released a new set off VPC's for Visual Studio 2008 Team Suite (including TFS).
The VSTS virtual machines are all updated with fresh bits and expiration dates. You now can test and evaluate (since these images are NOT licensed for production use – The new expiration date is December 31, 2009) Team System 2008 with SP1.
Two main features are added to this release:
- Visual Studio 2008 Team System Database Edition GDR bits installed. These VPC's provide an easy way to test out the GDR release.
- There is a Virtual PC and Hyper-V based image.
According to Brian Randell the new images produced are the same pair as before. A VSTS “all-up” image with Team Foundation Server, Team Build, Team Explorer, and Team Suite. And a TFS “only” image with just Team Foundation Server, Team Build, and Team Explorer.
The difference is that the images produced for both Virtual PC 2007/Virtual Server 2005 R2 compatible images AND Hyper-V compatible images.
- VSTS “all-up” Virtual PC/Virtual Server image (6 GB download, expands to 15 GB)
- TFS “only” Virtual PC/Virtual Server image (3 GB download, expands to 8 GB)
- VSTS “all-up” Hyper-V image (6 GB download, expands to 15 GB)
- TFS “only” Hyper-V image (3 GB download, expands to 8 GB)