I recently wrote a post regarding a certain performance issue with SharePoint that we solved. I since got some comments and questions about when is this problem relevant.
Well.. It’s practically everywhere ,in an isolated environment, and It’s very common for development machines (usually virtual) to be disconnected. The fixes suggested in that post can help you speed up your work in the following cases:
- A desktop application (WinForm\Console) that uses SharePoint APIs.
- PowerShell work with SharePoint.
- First hit of your SharePoint site.
- IIS reset\Recycle app pool when deploying to SharePoint.
- Anything else I didn’t think of, that uses SharePoint API’s in it’s own process (app domain to be precise).