New Release of Foglight for SQL Server 18.104.22.168 now available!
Foglight for SQL Server allows DBAs to quickly and efficiently identify performance deviations, determine their root cause, perform comprehensive analyses, and resolve performance bottlenecks. The product provides web-enabled dashboards for centralized visibility, management and health checks for the SQL Server instances deployed in your environment, as well as proactive alerting and alarm workflows for tracking your responses to critical performance anomalies.
This version of Foglight for SQL Server is compatible with Quest vFoglight version 6.6.2.
These Release Notes cover the resolved issues, known issues, workarounds and other important information about 22.214.171.124 release of Foglight for SQL Server. Review all sections before starting installation.
New in this Release
Foglight for SQL Server version 126.96.36.199 contains the following new features and updates:
- Added support for Always On, SQL Server 2012’s high-availability and disaster recovery solution
- A new drilldown called HADR was created. The following panels were moved to this drilldown from the Services drilldown:
- Log Shipping
In addition, the HADR drilldown contains the new Always On panel.
- Added the possibility to control the refresh rate of the Cluster panel, which now resides under the HADR drilldown.
- An indication was added to the QuickView panel to show whether the selected instance is cluster aware.
- Added the option to exclude files that are in Read Only state from firing the File Group Utilization alarm. This option is defined using Global Administration > Alarms > edit File Group Utilization.
- Utilization alarms are now invoked for a file group instead of per specific files. As a result, the alarms File Group Utilization and Log Files Utilization replace the following alarms:
- Dynamic Data File Growths Remaining
- Dynamic Log File Growths Remaining
- Fixed Data File Used
- Fixed Log File Used
Foglight for SQL Server can be run side-by-side with the agent-based SQL Server cartridges (2000 and 2005), but is intended as a functional replacement for these cartridges.
Foglight for SQL Server is an n-tier application, which leverages a web-based user interface to ensure having complete visibility into the SQL Server infrastructure wherever an Internet connection is available.
This version of Foglight for SQL Server is compliant with Quest StealthCollect version 7.0.4x.
For download the new Release: