Working with Team Foundation Server we have to perform various repeating task related to user declaration and permission setting. I already wrote about TFS permission and tools. Managing permissions is complicated, and from time to time frustrating job. It took me some time to assemble utility for managing all TFS permissions aspects.
Using this tool you can:
- Add or remove TFS group membership, Reporting Services role membership and SharePoint role membership
- Set Server and Project-level permissions
- Set AreaPath and Source Control permissions
- Create new TFS users with permissions identical to those of specified existing user
- Save user permissions as template and use it later to create new or update existing users.
- 29/11/2006 - v1.0.1 - small bug fix, enable to create user as without open template file first
- 18/12/2006 - v1.5.0 - group permissions managements is suported now, license expanded from GNU to BSD (Berkley) to allow free use.