Microsoft has released the final lab management version, with this version Microsoft has released some fixes and new functionality.
The Fixes and New Functionality refers to the following:
- Labels created in TFS2008 do not contain items after migration to TFS 2010 under certain rename/delete conditions.
- TFS Cannot be re-installed (ATOnly) targeting a database that was patched before.
- Tfs2010Beta2ToRTM operation is not executed when RC database is upgraded by post RTM server (RTM + Patch1 or SP1).
- VS2008 “smart device” projects pick up the 2010 MSTEST rather than the 2008 one.
- Unavailable build agents are pinged indefinitely rather than giving up after an hour.
- Duplicate changeset listings in build report.
- Test results for VS2008 solution not published in case of a failed test.
- Cannot delete build drops if a controller goes down
- Open Process File Location” grayed out on menu- right click on a build definition when connected to a TFS 2008 server
- Branch from label has been removed in TFS 2010 – now it’s back.
- Convert folder to branch on a hierarchy root folder with children and cycle renames crashes VS.
- Unshelve reports bogus errors about a null DownloadUrl when dependent renames are shelved and child item names overlap.
- Incorrect query plan on QueryPendingChanges when querying all users pending changes can lead to bad performance.
- merge /discard in both directions causes unnecessary “empty” merges in future merge attempts.
- Issue in merge causes a conflict not to be generated when there is a rename in the target and source.
- Overly aggressive automatic detection of file encoding can result in inappropriate encoding mismatches during merges.
Work Item Tracking
- Work item queries containing references to deleted fields can cause a red X on the work items node.
Team Web Access
- Firefox Browser: "Link Selected Items to a New Work Item" and other dialogs don't launch pages successfully
- Chrome Browser: Adding an attachment doesn't work
- Chrome Browser: Select Query Dropdown doesn't work in Choose Work Items window
- Chrome Browser: Retain/Delete a build in Build Report page will get an exception “Unexpected callback response”
- Query Picker Web Part Incorrectly Renders List Items (Rows) in List View (Overflow DIVs) within WebKit-based Browsers (including Safari, Chrome, etc)
Note: Taken from Brian Harries Post “TFS 2010 updates coming to a download site near you”
The update should be installed on any machine that has: Visual Studio 2010 (All versions), TFS 2010, Test Controller, Build Machine, Test Agent or Lab Agent.