The presentation (divided into two parts) included lots and lots of updates on the development technologies we have today and those that we will release to the market in the future. This is a presentation I use variations of with different customers and partners to show where Microsoft is and where we're going with our development technologies.
The presentation can be downloaded from my skydrive folders.
The video of my presentation, divided into two parts, can be viewed from:
- Video of First Part – .NET 3.0 & 3.5 Overview, P&P, WPF, Silverlight, WCF, WF, and Dublin.
- Video of Second Part – Dublin (Cont.), LINQ, ADO.NET Entity Framework, Visual Studio 2008 & 2010, Visual Studio Team System 2008 & 2010.
In case you're wondering, what are the topics I covered, then the following list is for you:
- .NET Overview & Roadmap – Introduction, .NET 3.0 and 3.5 Components, Patterns & Practices Announcements
- Presentation Tier with WPF & SilverLight – WPF Architecture & Demos, WPF for LOB Applications, WPF 4.0, Silverlight Architecture, the Silverlight Arilines Demo.
- Service Tier with WCF, WF and Dublin – WCF Introduction & Motivation, WF 4.0 Features, Dublin ARchitecture & Additional Features on top of IIS.
- Data Tier with LINQ and ADO.NET EF – Indluding a demo of generating an EDM model, manipulating it and querying it using LINQ to Entities.
- Visual Studio 2008 & 2010 – Multi-Targeting in VS 2008, Visual Studio 2010 Main Themes including Code Focused Development & Test Driven Development Features.
- Visual Studio Team System 2008 & 2010
- Visual Studio Team System Architecture Edition 2010 – Architecture Validation, Layer Diagram, UML Support, Architecture Explorer and generation of architecture from code
- Visual Studio Team System Test Edition 2010 – Manual Test Runner, "Camano" Lab Manager, WPF Test Automation and more.
- Visual Studio Developer and Data Professional Edition – TFS Integration, Hot Pathes, Code Coverage, Code Metrics, Test Impact Analysis in VSTS 2010, Support for Oracle and DB2 with Data Edition 2010.