Enterprise computers occasionally lose the secure channel with their domain, for various reasons. To regain the secure channel our helpdesk simply disjoin the workstation/server from the domain, reboots the machine, add the computer to the domain and reboot again. This process is simple, but very tedious, of course you can always try to use Netdom/NLTest command, personally I prefer using the network ID wizard:
- Under system properties select the computer name tab
- Click on Network ID button
- Click on NEXT and select the first option in the new windows
- Click on NEXT and select the first option again
- Click on NEXT
- Fill in the your admin account details – account Name ,Password and domain name
- Should be an account which has the right to add computers to the domain
- The machine account probably exists in the domain, so you will be asked to use it, answer YES
- If you use the administrator account you don’t need to add it again to the local administrators group
- Click next and Finish the wizard.
- At the following windows (system properties window) click on the OK button.
- Now you will be asked to reboot your machine, click YES
- As my friend, Omer Riff says “Sha Ba Boom”, your computer came back to be a part of the domain.
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-54043030-1’, ‘auto’);