Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 is Available for Download
This beta brings few enhancements to web surfing:
- Accelerators – Highlight an address, click the blue button and hover over “Map” or try Right Clicking a Page and Choosing Translate with Windows Live. Check out the new IE Gallery that has cool accelerators and slices from Digg to FaceBook to Ebay
- Web Slices – Visit Live Search, search for “Seattle Weather” (or major city relevant to your region), hover over the rich search result and click the green button. Click it to add a Weather Web Slice to your Favorites Bar.
- Search Suggestions – Go to your Instant Search Box (top right) and type a search to see search suggestions in action.
- Navigation – Use the new Smart Address Bar to quickly find sites you’ve visited before. The Smart Address Bar searches your history, favorites AND feeds for pages that match what you’re typing.
- Security: IE8 has the best security features in the market today from its updated Smartscreen phishing and malware filter to domain highlighting to the industry leading cross-site scripting filter so I feel my machines, my identity and my family will be safer on the Internet.
To explore those feature a bit more, visit Internet Explorer Beta Home Page.
Download and Install Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 according to your Operating System:
Note: To uninstall Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 on Vista, go to the Control Panel, start the Programs and Features, select View Updates from the task pane and look for Windows Internet Explorer 8.