Download and Install Visual Studio 2008 and .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 Beta(KB945140)
Visual Studio 2008 and .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 Beta was announced today after being kept as a secret for some time.
Here is the list of available downloads as part of this release:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 Beta
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1 Beta – Full Installation
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1 Beta – Web Installation
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Client Profile (Beta)
- Microsoft Expression Blend 2.5 March Preview Refresh
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition with SP1 Beta
- Visual Studio 2008 Shell (integrated mode) with Service Pack 1 Beta Redistributable Package
- Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server Service Pack 1 (Beta)
Before you install this update, you should remove old previews such as:
- ADO.Net Entity Framework Beta 3 + Tools
- ASP.Net 3.5 Extensions Preview
- Visual Studio 2008 Support for SQL Server 2008 February CTP
After you install the update, you will be prompted for choosing Visual Studio settings.
While you install the Visual Studio 2008 and .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 Beta, you can take the time to take the guided tour of the service pack.