We decided to use the Composite UI Application Block for our Smart Client side, so I am happy yo announce that this blog will also include thoughts, examples and conclusions about it.
To briefly introduce CAB:
The Composite UI Application Block is designed to help you build complex Windows Forms-based applications. It assists you by providing an architecture and implementation that uses the common patterns found in front-end, line-of-business (LOB) applications.
Building an application with the Composite UI Application Block provides the following benefits:
- Quality and consistency for architecture teams
- Increased productivity and faster ramp-up time for large developer teams
- Consolidation of operational efforts for operations teams
The application block is designed to support the development of smart client line-of-business applications, such as those used in the following scenarios:
- Online transaction processing (OLTP) front-ends
- Rich client portal scenarios
- UI-intensive, information worker standalone applications (such as those used in call centers)
Composite UI Application Block Home
Download Composite UI Application Block (C# version)
Download Composite UI Application Block Hands-on Labs (C# version)
Visit Community page of CAB: http://practices.gotdotnet.com/projects/cab.