March 2011 - Posts
SDP - MEF (Real-Life patterns)
On the last day of the SDP at Crown Plaza Hotel, Tel Aviv.
I was lecturing about Real-Life scenario of MEF failures.
the lecture was focusing on diagnostic ,solutions and testing.
I want to thanks all attendant's, It was the after lunch session and
you were bravely kept your eyes open.
the presentation pdf can be found here.
you can use the following check-list as recommended diagnostic process.
- Is the instance included in the composition
- Are the plug-in assemblies included in the deployment path
- Are the plug-in dependencies included in the probing path
- Is the Silverlight XAP included in the application
- Use Strong Name and versioning policy
- Do not refer to imported properties during construction time, use IPartImportsSatisfiedNotification
- Check that IEnumerable<T>’s are decorated with [ImportMany] as long as they come from multiple exports.
- Remember that errors in nested dependencies are sometimes obscured
- Use AllowDefault=true when nulls are permitted
- Use ComposeExportedValue for including mocks of your dependencies
Rx - Tool recommending
One of my colleague (Taras Naumtsev) has inform me about a
very cool Rx Vistalizator tool called RxSandbox which I'm warmly recommending.
the tool is an excellent resource for learning about Rx features.
Marcin Najder did great job and you can enjoy it.
see more at http://mnajder.blogspot.com/2010/03/rxsandbox-v1.html.
SDP - Concurrent Programming
This is the last day of the SDP conference.
at the second I and Yaniv was lecturing a full day about Parallel Programming.
I want to thanks all attendants and I happy to provide the code samples
which we shown during the day.
the samples includes several snippets and the
TPL visualization tool which I will describe in future post.
the code sample available for download from here.
while running the TPL visualization tool,
be aware that holding the mouse over the strategy buttons display tooltip of the strategy code.