Vista Security Talk
On July 11, 2007 I gave a talk about different aspects of security in Vista.
Vista brings security improvements to every part of the operating system.
All these technologies integrated into vista makes it the most secure operating system known today, while taking into consideration the usability of the product.
This makes Vista is as secure as possible but as friendly and usable as possible as well.
Windows Vista is the most secure and trustworthy Windows operating system yet, and it will help organizations achieve their business and computing goals with confidence.
In this talk I covered Vista’s security most significant security improvements and focus on the developer point of view.
I spoke about:
· Vista and SDL
· UAC Programming
· Service Hardening
· Defender and OneCare
· The firewall
· Windows Filtering Platform API
· NG TCP/IP
· Peer to peer networking
· NAP - Network Access Protection
· IIS 7.0
· IE 7.0 Security Improvements
· CardSpace and New Authentication providers
· Control Over Device Installation
· Client Security Scanner
· Restart Manager
· BitLocker ,TPM, Code Integrity, RMS, EFS
· Preventing Buffer Overrun exploit and Data Execution Prevention
· Vista cryptography - CNG support
Here is the power point of this talk.
Vista security talk