We have released the Beta 1.0 of Ribbon Explorer, A win7 application which takes a ribbon markup (XML) and shows the resulting ribbon. The application compiles the Ribbon XML, (UICC.exe, RC.exe Link.exe). loads it and instantiate a window with the resulting Ribbon. The application controls the Ribbon and shows the Ribbon events.
- Read a Ribbon markup file which its full path is provided in the first argument of the command line.
- Enable editing of the supply XML file, or a new XML file
- Show the Ribbon XML, in an editor
- Open/Save/Close of Ribbon XML file
- Compile the XML file into a Dynamic Library that contains the Ribbon resources
- Show the compilation output text in a read only text window (Tab)
- Show the resulting resource file text in a read only text window (Tab)
- Show the resulting header file text in a read only text window (Tab)
- Load the result Dynamic Link Library and show the Ribbon
- Display a Ribbon for managing the created Ribbon
- Set the various Application Modes
- Show the various popup menus and mini-toolbars
- Show the various contextual tabs
- Invalidate a property of a Ribbon command ( not implemented yet )
- Display the Ribbon callback method calls and the property key/property variant values ( partially implemented )
- Use a resource from executable or dynamic link library as the ribbon source for the application, for example show the ribbon of Paint ( not implemented yet )
I want to thank Dima, Sasha and Shlomo for the effort they have put in the project. I will be glad to get feedbacks.