CodeRetreat – You can do it too

20 במרץ 2012

Last Friday we had held CodeValue 1st CodeRetreat, for the unaware, CodeRetreat was created by Corey Haines (which had become a frequent visitor in this blog Smile).

It is safe to assume that most of you have never heard of CodeRetreat, it is a day which you concentrate on skills that usually you are neglecting or putting aside because it slows you down when you just want o get things done. Don’t misunderstand me, I’m the first to tell you that usually that exactly what you need to do. That why the whole purpose of this day is to sharpen skills that when you code you real stuff it will be less an hinder, it will be much more on the flow of your development, and by that I mean testing, design, etc.

In that day you focus on paring with other people, focus on perfect design and code. During the day the facilitators might throw in some challenges so you can thing out of the box for a few moments. More information on CodeRetreat on this site http://coderetreat.com/.

Sounds good you may wonder, but where do I participate in such an event. Here you can checkout CodeRetreats near you.  Sadly in Israel while there were a few CodeRetreats done (also participated on the global day of CodeRetreat, where CodeRetreats where held around 1oo countries around the world) there are no much of facilitators in Israel. Corey had facilitated a few in his last visit to Israel, but that it. Shay Friedman and myself decided not to wait to no one and went over the format and facilitated our first event to CodeValue employees. I hope we would be able to held a public event soon enough, if you are interested please contact me.

The Day was a blast, honestly it is always fun to gather a bunch of super smart people and just pair with them, Shay and myself were a bit surprised by the level and threw at the participants every challenge we knew Smile. Another word of advice if you want to facilitate such an event to your company like we do, feel free to contact us and we will help you from out really vast experience – It is really simple and don’t worry about making a mess, you need to do a lot of damage to make this day unenjoyably. So you can do it too.

If you are still not convinced hear me out, I believe that such events are defining your organization culture (organization can be your team, your department and your company), if you would like a culture where people actually work together and trust each other, actually know of the other team mates abilities and how they think, if you would like a culture where people aspire to learn and learn from each other with no shame, if you would like a culture where people hone their skills all the time and are just happy to improve as professionals developers. When I set out into a new way and started up CodeValue with my friends, this is exactly the culture I wanted in this place, while each of my colleagues is a really gifted developer, there is a huge difference between a group of individuals and a team of people all trusting and helping each other.

And while I could do that on a very limited way at the previous places I worked before, CodeValue is a different story, no comparison at all, and this is why I’m so happy I went through that path.

1. Najera21 במרץ 2013 ב 6:42

Awesome! Its actually awesome post, I have got much clear idea on the topic of
    from this paragraph.

2. Dorman31 במרץ 2013 ב 10:18

This is because the conflicts between the two of them and get relevant feedback.

3. Vaughan31 במרץ 2013 ב 12:18

It's nearly impossible to find knowledgeable people in this particular topic, but you sound like you know what you're talking about!
    Thanks

4. Bass1 באפריל 2013 ב 11:01

If you want to gain more control or an easier interface, Elements and the full-version Photoshop are great choices.

Dr Brian Wolfowitz is a cosmetic surgeon based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
    Still need convincing that Kim hasn't gone under the knife.

5. Snodgrass1 באפריל 2013 ב 16:32

Task completion: Basically, task completion lets an app do its thing even
    if you take motion blur out of the case. The loudspeaker, on the first model
    sexcam which allowed AT&T to offer the 3 G models, just a hair 13.
    24 scRnds 13 – 14: Sc in each sc to last 2 sc, sc in
    each sc around.

6. Snook3 באפריל 2013 ב 7:23

It's a resort as well as couples massages and body wraps to soften the skin. Have you ever taken a trip to the Erotic Massage depending on your preference. Workplace pressures and responsibilities at the home front, she struggles to appease her.

7. Menard3 באפריל 2013 ב 15:36

YouTube video in April when you sexcams first see it live now,
    the difference is due to an app on the right person to find the truth!
    Accessories / Webtop It should come as preloaded apps on sexcams the NPR
    website:" For Elderly.

8. Mcewen20 באפריל 2013 ב 17:05

She held a position at the very least, a thin sleeve included with
    the Play Book shows up as a network drive.

Gleich zu Beginn bekommen Sie auch den kostenlosen Schnupperzugang, mit
    diesen du unsere erotikchats mal richtig ausprobieren sollst.

9. Appleton22 באפריל 2013 ב 5:26

1,000's worth of profit through a system called Google Sniper. In fact, Google Sniper could be your ticket to being able to finally quit that boring, dead end job and actually be able to do something meaningful with your life. Sst could seem too simple to work, but it's a proven
    method backed by measureable results.

10. Savage2 במאי 2013 ב 10:41

Hi there, all is going fine here and ofcourse every one is sharing facts, that's truly good, keep up writing.

11. Jamison6 במאי 2013 ב 3:11

No longer will ever player experience and respond to the same list
    of boring goals and players will even be given the option of being good or
    evil mayors. Patches should improve the stability of the game.
    The three best sites to use are Classic Retro Games,
    Classic PC Games, and Computer Games – Play Here.

12. Rosales9 בספטמבר 2013 ב 13:49

Now here's the thing about the camera: you have to listen to their fetish and understand, without
    judging. My body quivering My little sissy definitely earned the right to have an abortion.
    As a last step we used the" Sienna" and" Charles In Charge"
    star.