PDC is way behind us, but we at Sela put on an effort to try to summarize the most important stuff from the event(atleast those we liked :)) for the rest of Sela employees and special guests.
We did that in a rather challenging way, since that 7 people (including myself) were attendees at PDC, each one of us got 15 minutes to talk about a few of his favorite subjects at PDC, like Andy Warhol famous quote, our 15 minutes of fame.
So in a tremendous pace all those people spoke up :
- Adar Wesly: Windows Azure, MONO.
- Alon Fliess: Windows 7.
- Ariel (that’s me): Dynamic runtime features on .net 4.0.
- Tomer Shamam: WPF 4.0.
- Josh Rueben : M, OSLO, PEX, Code Contracts.
- Noam King : Future of ASP.Net.
- Noam Sheffer : Live Mesh.
- Sasha Goldstein: Parallel and Concurrency for Manager and native.
I really enjoyed the fast movements between each subject, and we all just emphasized on the most important stuff (or just a sentence for a subject. that for the unbelievers) of each topic so in just 2 hours including pizza break all got really educated, a beginning to those who needed the extra push to go and learn tomorrow’s stuff.
I hope such gather away evenings would follow on different kind of subjects.