Silverlight TreeView and String-To-PathGeometry Converter projects updated to RC0 syntax

October 9, 2008

I’ve updated Silverlight TreeView control and  with RC0 changes.

Both projects has couple community requested changes.

For example, TreeView supports DoubleClick and Single click on node and String-To_PathGeometry Converter supports multiple figures in Path string.

TreeView.jpgimage

Latest sources/build could be downloaded from here (TreeView) and here (String-To-PathGeometry Converter).

Enjoy,

Alex

1. MicahOctober 10, 2008 ב 14:39

Alex,

I am inquiring about the best way to inherit from the TreeViewNode.

I have a templated control that has lot of information I want to display as a TreeViewNode. My template control inherits from TreeViewNode, but it does not render very good. For example, the nodes are all squished together.

I just started playing around with this concept, so I thought I would ping you so I dont go down a long road of trying things out when I am missing something obvious.

Thanx

2. Alex GoleshOctober 11, 2008 ב 0:53

Micah,

Could you please contact me via codeplex project (http://www.codeplex.com/SilverlightTreeView) – there you could post questions and attach repro, so I’ll able to help.

Alex

3. michael dalyOctober 24, 2008 ב 11:35

I can’t download this treeview from codeplex. It says there are no files associated with this release. michael_daly@countrywide.com

4. Alex GoleshOctober 25, 2008 ב 1:45

Go to the “Source Code” tab and download latest changeset from there.

Alex

5. MarkOctober 31, 2008 ב 18:03

At the PDC this week it was mentioned that there would be a TreeView control for Silverlight. They made it sound like it was released.

Is the one over at CodePlex the one?

I installed the Silverlight_toolkit from the PDC HD and did not see any Tree in my Toolbox.

6. Alex GoleshNovember 1, 2008 ב 2:54

Hi Mark,

The Silverlight Toolkit is released and could be downloaded from Codeplex (also it is the same version you got at PDC HDD if I’m not wrong).
    It will not appear at your Visual Studio Toolbox automatically – you have to add reference to Microsoft.Windows.Controls.dll from toolkit to your project, add XAML namespace in your XAML file and then you will be able to use the controls (including TreeView).
    Alternatively, you could use “Choose Toolbox Items” command from Toolbox context menu, add the Toolkit controls via this dialog (Go to “Silverlight Controls” tab, click “Browse”, navigate to the location you installed Silverlight toolkit and select “Microsoft.Windows.Controls.dll” or any other toolkit DLL). After adding them to toolbox you will be able to use them in your projects also (and at first you the reference will be added automatically to your project and the namespace will be also added to your XAML file).

Regards,
    Alex

7. ...March 6, 2009 ב 23:38

Dies ist ein gro�er Ort. Ich m�chte hier noch einmal.