WSS 3.0 together with the Language Pack is by far one best free downloadable software arround. But, one of the problems as with evey software is the knowledge of using it configurating it. For that we get the Learning resource from Microsoft which will help us Learn Windows SharePoint Services.
Among the video's are :
- Building ASP.NET Web Parts Create an ASP.NET Web Part project from scratch and get it up and running within a Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 site.
- Creating and Testing Features Use Visual Studio to create a custom feature and an associated assembly DLL.
- Creating and Using Content Types Create user-defined content types using inheritance, and then configure a document library to use these content types.
- Creating and Using Event Handlers Create a list item receiver class to handle events.
- Creating and Using Site Columns Create and reuse site columns across the sites within a site collection.
- Creating Custom Document Information Panels Integrate Document Information Panels and content types in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
- Creating Custom Workflows with SharePoint Designer 2007 Build a custom workflow using SharePoint Designer 2007.
- Creating Sites with Support for Wikis and Blogs Leverage the new built-in features for creating sites with blogs and wikis.
- Customizing a Site with SharePoint Designer 2007 Understand the difference between page templates and page instances.
- Getting Up and Running with Excel Services Publish an Excel spreadsheet to a Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 site.
- Advanced SharePoint Workflow Using Custom Document and Form Libraries (Part 1 of 2)Learn to install, configure and use the "SharePoint Workflow Document and Form Libraries" in both simple and advanced workflow scenarios.
- Advanced SharePoint Workflow Using Custom Document and Form Libraries (Part 2 of 2) Part two of this two-part series walks developers through the "SharePoint Workflow Document and Form Libraries" code.
…. and much more
This together with the MOSS 2007 going visual on a screen near you, can bring you to a very high knowledge of MOSS/WSS without leaving the chair 😉