OK it's official, you can start Download Enterprise Library 3.1 May 2007 Edition.
Here are a few aspects of the new version:
Policy Injection Application Block
- The default Remoting Policy Injector can now be replaced with alternative interception mechanisms via configuration without modifying the application block code
- Call Handler attributes are now honored correctly when placed on interface methods
- Fixed an issue that could cause duplicate handlers where matching rules matched both a class and its interface
- Classes implementing COM interfaces (including those deriving from System.Windows.Forms.Form) can now be intercepted
- TraceLogEntry class is now serializable, allowing it to be used with the MSMQ Trace Listener
Validation Application Block
- Fixed an issue that prevented the PropertyComparisonValidator from working with the Windows Forms integration adapter
- The message template for the PropertyComparisonValidator can now be saved using the configuration tools.
Data Access Application Block
- Connection strings for OLEDB and ODBC connections can now be edited using custom dialog boxes from the configuration tools
But , following the guidelines, this is not the last word in the matter.
The next best thing is the EntLib Contrib project, which is realy about us, the community, and what we can contribute to the community-developed library of extensions to the patterns & practices Enterprise Library.
The Contrib Library has additionally, the source repository contains the following unreleased functionality:
- PostSharp4EntLib – Combines the benefits of the Enterprise Library Policy Injection and of compile-time weaving by removing the limitations due to the use of remoting proxies.
- EntLibRefactored – Refactors Enterprise Library to not rely on configuration. See this post for more information.
see you soon in the next version